March 8, 2010

CooLikeDat Review: Music For The Bitches | Film Skool Rejekts

It’s Saturday night and I’m up browsing the online music archives like I always am. Then I head to Cash and Caviar and what do I see? Really different looking artwork with “Music for the Bitches” on the front. If the title of the mixtape didn’t catch my attention the name of the group sure did: Film Skool Rejekts. So I download, and start listening. The mixtape starts off with a subtle ballad-like piece called “Love Means Everything”…and is then interrupted by the angry sounds of “Chris Brown.” Now I’m pretty skeptical, but then it proceeds to take my ears to the old school sounds of “What Are You Afraid Of?” Lyrics like “I put her on the Pharcyde while she passin’ me” kept me tentative to the song. Now its “Synthetic Substitution” and this song makes me declare myself a fan. So far this album is one of the most honest and anger felt mixtapes I’ve heard in a very long time. Now some might ask “how is good if it’s so angry” and I say the honesty is astounding and its all things that we’ve felt before, we were just probably too scared to say them. Songs like “Ava Carter” tells the truth about what really happens when you put your time and money into “fixing” a person or “making them better.” “Leave Me Alone” tells the story of a stalker female with the lyrical content and then…it proceeds (with caution) to one of the highlights of the mixtape: “Saturday Night Dicksucker.” Now don’t be fooled, the title of the song is raunchy but if you listen close there is a message…other than that of sexual innuendos. “Thing for Me” is a great song that expresses someone wanting you, but Film Skool Rejekts makes it ten times better by using the lyrics of one of the best and the flow of one of the better. All of the songs are simply great and to hear them you will simply have to download the mixtape. “Music for the Bitches” brings out unforgivable honesty and recognizable lyricism. Although it is essentially angry and primarily focuses on the sour side of relationships with females it is worth the download(besides it is called “Music for the Bitches” right?).

Download/Listen Here 

*Btw I am not an advocate for domestic violence by listening to the songs "Chris Brown" or "Synthetic Substitution"...it's still wrong no matter who you are. Thank you. That is all. =)*

No comments: