May 2, 2010

CooLikeDat Exclusive: Interview W/ Ayomari






























CooLikeDat got a little Q & A in with Atlanta raised Hip Hop artist Ayomari.

For those who don't know who exactly is Ayomari?

A 25 year old guy that was born in Chicago, raised in Georgia, and now resides in Los Angeles, California. Likes his bread toasted, his ladies with minimal make-up, and his music volume worth calling the police over.

How long have you been rapping? How did You get into it?

I've been writing and rapping since 1996. One day I up and decided that I wanted to rap, so I gathered all of my boys and put together this crew called 'Egyptian Click' and everyone picked different Egyptian Gods as their monikers, haha. I thought I was so DEEP! Funny thing is, my first rap was called 'Beat Down Click' and started off, "what you gonna do when a beat down is coming for you!"

Who were your influences growing up?


Mostly Hip Hop and R&B with an occasional Alternative artist, courtesy of my mother's music collection; Three Six Mafia, Eightball & MJG, No Limit Records, Cash Money Records, Nas, Blackstar, UGK, Outkast, Jay Z, Queen, Musiq Soulchild, Wutang, *sighs* SOOO MANY!! lol

What artists do you listen to right now?


Wide range of artists; Vampire Weekend, Radiohead, Outkast, Jay Z, The Morning Benders, TiRon, Lil' Wayne, Timbaland & Da Bassment, Confessions Era Cam'ron, Chris Brown, Clap Your Hands Say YEAH! There's soo many to name. 85% of my day consists of music, for real.

Top 5?

Andre3000, Kanye West, Charis, Blu, TiRon

What seperates you from the rest of the game?

I'm unsure as of yet, I'm still learning more about myself and what voids I may or may not fill in this game. As I progress and establish more of an identity for myself, it'll be more apparent. At this time, my main focus is to continue making music that feels right.

My favorite track you have right now is "I Wanna (Journey)." Do you have one for the people to check out?

YEA! I have an entire mixtape I'd love for as many people as humanly possible to hear, 'The PB&J Solution'. I also love to hear what people think about it. It means a lot that someone even cares enough to have an opinion considering how over saturated the game is. Sometimes I even joke with myself that I picked the worst possible time to pursue a career in music lol.


What can you expect from in upcoming months in 2010?

New music here and there, some more videos from 'The PB&J Solution', a few features on TiRon's upcoming follow-up 'Mustard', and I'm just trying to get my name and music more exposure.

We here at the CooLikeDat Blog would like to thank you for this interview. We wish you the best with your career and look foward to hearing from you in the future, but we have to ask as a final question... What makes you CooLikeDat? (I know it's corny)

My favorite song of all time is 'Christmas Time Is Here' from 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' *shrugs*

Follow @Ayomari on Twitter and click the picture up top to listen or download from DatPiff. I have to say that the Peanut Butter & Jelly Solution is a great mixtape really chill out music with an original vibe you should definitely check it out!

No comments: