August 17, 2010

CooLikeDat Exclusive: Interview W/ Laws

Our Interview W/ Laws that I have had for a while now but, I didn't post for about two weeks now. Sorry for the lateness.


CLD: For those who don't know who exactly is Laws?
Laws: A young man who enjoys music

CLD: Is there a meaning behind the name?
Laws: It was quite random, and there are many stories floating around, but it has no particular significance

CLD: How long have you been rapping? How did You get into it?  
Laws: About 12 years.  I started as a battler.  I enjoyed having a sharper wit than everyone in my high school.

CLD: What seperates you from other MC's?
Laws: Wordplay, beat selection, song composition.

CLD: Who were your influences growing up?  
Laws: Musically- curtis mayfield, jay z, the beatles.

CLD: What artists do you listen to right now?  
Laws: Jay Electronica, Pac Div, Drake,  the white stripes, queens of the stone age, serj tankian, muse, sean price.

CLD: Do you have a favorite artist or producer you work with? 
Laws: I prefer to work alone, but the rappers who know im cool with them know who they are.  I like to work with my producers (L.A. and Feb 9) and JUSTICE League.  DJ Khalil, Don Cannon, 9th wonder are also some good chaps.



CLD: What can we expect the upcoming months in 2010 after 5:01?  
Laws: An album titled Tomorrow's World.

CLD: We here at the CooLikeDat would like to thank you for this interview. We wish you the best with your career and look foward to hearing from you in the future, but we have to ask as a final question... What makes you CooLikeDat?  
Laws: My ivory cane that doubles as a sword, and my real friends who remain friends thru thick and thin.




This is the track that @christianpofbez put me up on and I fell in love with Laws' music from there on.


Here is a video from Laws, Big K.R.I.T & Emilio Rojas that dropped a week ago.

No comments: