April 27, 2010

CooLikeDat Review: The Great Adventures of Bobby Ray | B.o.B

“Don’t Let Me Fall”- Good lyrics, great message. 4/5


“Nothin’ On You (feat. Bruno Mars)”- As we all know by now, this song is definitely gold. The hook is amazing as well as meaningful and the beat is very universal. 5/5

“Past My Shades (Feat. Lupe Fiasco)”- One of my favorite songs on the album. The music is absolutely great, up-tempo and has lots of character. This also goes for the verses put in by both Lupe Fiasco and Bobby Ray. 5/5

“Airplanes (Feat. Haley Williams)”- Although this song is seen as mellow and on the more sad side, it is a very commendable effort. Haley Williams contributes her amazing voice and does not fail us at all. The hook singing “Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky were shooting stars? I could really use a wish right now” is so relatable to any person. 5/5

“Bet I (Feat. Playboy Tre and T.I.)”- The beat for this song is one of my favorite on the album. I wish I could say the same thing for the lyrics and the hook. Lyrically, this is not B.o.B’s best. T.I . lends a great flow to this song and at the same time I didn’t really care for Playboy Tre’s verse. 3/5

“Ghost in the Machine”- Although a very melancholy record “Ghost in the Machine” gives us lyrics as real as it gets. With his singing/crooning voice, B.o.B expresses feelings that most of us are probably not too hasty to admit we have, all in all this is very a relative song. 4/5

“The Kids (Feat. Janelle Monae)- Listening to the feel of this song and listening to the lyrics are two different things. To me the music and lyrics did not match each other. While a rather positive and happy vibe contributes to the beat, the lyrics are someone on the depressing side(“The kids don’t stand a chance.”) With this I also have to say that this is one of the most honest songs on the album and for that I love it, especially with lyrics like this: “Always in detention for the lack of my attention, you can call it deficit, really I just didn’t listen.” 4/5

“Magic (Feat. Rivers Cuomo)- One of the more happier songs on the album, it was an pretty moderate song. Not the best, but not the worst. Depending on the mood you’re in, you might love it and you might not. Fun song, took me back to my childhood. 4/5

“Fame”-Not one of the most memorable songs on the album. At the same time it has the one of the best hooks, it was pretty old school. 3/5

“Lovelier than You”- Pretty different track from the rest of the album, but considering it is B.o.B, I guess its not. I feel like this is more of a reprise of “Nothin on You”. 4/5

“5th Dimension (Feat. Ricco Barrino)”-Beat is good to me and I find myself liking the sounds of Ricco Barrino more than the verses on the song. B.o.B gives good lyrics, this is one of my favorites.4/5

“Airplanes Part II (Feat. Eminem and Haley Williams)”- Somewhat different from Part 1 in terms of music, “Airplanes Part II” delivers the same quality as the first. Not to mention Eminem is nothing less than great. 5/5

As you can see I absolutely loved this album, with the exception of a few songs it was flawless lol. 2 thumbs up for Bobby Ray!

Rating: 9/10

No comments: